Going to Berlin?
You have your reasons. Enjoying this great city is surely one of them. Indeed, you don’t really need any other reason to visit. So how do you get the most from your trip?
You can go ahead and read a ton of material about the city and its people. That is … if you have the time and energy. Or you can find better ways to get to the recs that you want for connecting to people, places and experiences. Stay tuned! That is on the way!
Here is an article from fathom that you might check out if you are interested in (1) Bauihaus architecture (2) bike tours, (3) parks, and /or (4) the cafe scene.
- Berlin’s funky love affair with show-biz high irony and cabaret performance goes back beyond when there was naked table dancing in the Roaring Twenties. That tradition is carried forward in many live venues, and also in the sharp quotidian curses and comebacks that Berliners deliver to each other, approximating what we’d hear from a real New York cabbie. Put it this way, you might just want to take in a show. The Berliners are quick on their feet. You won’t need a translator.
Why visit in June, from Afar
local media and blogs
Cafe’s and the food scene
- A Nice list of recommended comfy spots
- for breakfast and lunch
- locavore restaurants
- Kantine Kohlmann
- Good Bank – vertical farming restaurant
- Barconi’s for Brunch
- food our – Berlin Food Stories – recommended by The Guardian
- a list of places with kiez
- Adlon Kempinski Berlin – one of the greats (Fathom high recommends it)
- Radisson Blu (with the giant aquarium)
- das stue is a top boutique — a WOW experience
- urban gardening The gardeners of Oeynhausen
- Hipsters moving in
- More on hipsters moving in
- Making the Unter den Linden a ped walkway
getting out of town