That was then, and this is now. And now we realize several things about Mr. Trump
- He doesn’t understand how health care legislation works — and probably never did
- He cares so much about this policy area, that he has spent an inordinate amount of time playing golf
- He did not even once reach out to democrats to try to understand how Obamacare could have been improved
- His bill made no sense to anyone who knows anything about healthcare.
- He is now blaming others for the failure to get this monster out of the House
Welcome to the world of reality TV as presidential politics. Pardon me for saying so, but this is very gross.